It is used in aesthetic medicine as an effective tool to reduce wrinkles. The preparation of botulinum toxin available in these applications is administered by injection subcutaneously at the desired location. The effect lasts for about 6 months.
Contraindications for use:
pregnancy,lactation, children under 12 years of age. Botulinum toxin should not be used in patients hypersensitive to its ingredients (mostly proteins - albumin), inflammatory disorders of the skin (especially purulent - e.g. acne) and when using aminoglycoside antibiotics or diastolic drugs.
Indications for use of botulinum toxin (Botox, Dysport) in aesthetic medicine:
- Vertical wrinkles of forehead
- Wrinkles of outer eyes corners called "crow's feet"
- Horizontal wrinkles of forehead
- Wrinkles of nose ridge skin called "rabbit wrinkles"
- Radial wrinkles of mouth
- Wrinkles of the chin area, called "orange skin, jowl folds"
- Wrinkles of mouth corners called "marionette lines"
- Vertical wrinkles of wide neck muscle called "turkey throat '
- Horizontal neck wrinkles
- Correction of "gingival smile" (smile which reveals large part of the gums)
- Aesthetic correction of the nose in combination with fillers
- Raised eyebrow
- Therapy Hyperhidrosis (armpits, hands and feet)
- Treatment of dynamic unbalance of face skin
- Relaxation of postoperative and post-traumatic scars, including burn scars